For some time now, the Van der Valk Hotel 's-Hertogenbosch - Vught has been aware of the environment and this is noticeable in our daily operations. Several initiatives and actions have been implemented to reduce the amount of waste, reduce water consumption and emit as little CO2 as possible.
In 2011, Mr Peter Raaijmakers & Mr Theo Bok received the Green Key Silver certificate from Mr Erik van Dijk, director of the Quality, Safety and Environment Quality Mark Foundation.
As a result of environmentally conscious entrepreneurship within the Van der Valk Hotel 's-Hertogenbosch - Vught. A great result. The Green Key is the international quality mark for companies in the tourism and recreation industry that are serious and verifiable about environmental care at the company.
Some of the initiatives implemented within the Van der Valk Hotel 's-Hertogenbosch - Vught:
Housekeeping and rooms.
- A conscious approach to changing linen and towels.
- Reducing electricity when leaving the room.
- Water saving in the bathroom.
- LED and energy-saving bulbs present.
Reducing internal paper use
- The paper used within Van der Valk Hotel 's-Hertogenbosch - Vught is printed on both sides.
- Brochures, leaflets and other printed matter and invoices are printed on paper with an international eco-label.
- Confirmations and invoices are sent by e-mail as much as possible.
Separation of waste
- All waste within Van der Valk Hotel 's-Hertogenbosch - Vught is kept separate and returned separately.
Within the Van der Valk Hotel 's-Hertogenbosch - Vught, the environmental awareness of our employees is continuously monitored. Internally, everyone is aware that we can make an important contribution to an environmentally friendly environment.
If you would like more information about the Green Key label, please visit www.greenkey.nl.
Van der Valk Hotel 's-Hertogenbosch - Vught complies with the following agreements:
- We actively contribute to the development of our profession and the transfer of our knowledge to others who want to learn the trade.
- We inform our working relations (customer/client, peers and suppliers) that we operate in a socially responsible manner.
- We make transparent agreements with the client/principal and suppliers about the quality of our services and monitor the quality we deliver.
- We determine the social impact of our services and limit it as much as possible insofar as it has a negative impact, such as fraudulent actions, intimidation, exploitation and child labour.
- We monitor both the continuity of our business and that of the employee, and we ensure provision should we face loss of income.
- We voluntarily contribute to social causes through donations and sponsorship and/or volunteering.
- We continuously work to reduce the environmental impact of our business.
- We continuously work to improve our own procurement process when it comes to purchasing (office) materials and services with an environmental and/or social label.
- We have applied for and received dispensation for part of the energy-efficient lighting EML chapter 7.1 in connection with the intended renovation plans.